Thursday, August 24, 2017

New Beginnings


                
                                Image by Ansel Adams (own work) via Wikipedia

For me, collaboration is a way of life. Over the past year, I had made it a top priority to focus on my two of my biggest passions: photography and sports. I would say the category of my blog posts will most relate to the flow of information and decision-making processes. I am currently a junior here at the University and Arizona studying Information Science, Photography and Sports Management. Sports Marketing Association (SMA) is a club that offers opportunities for those who want to work in sports. Last year, I worked relentlessly to be the top volunteer in SMA. This year, I am proud to say that I will have a paid internship and an an all-access pass to sporting events at the university. It was because of my decision-making to work hard that I received a position only three of a hundred plus applicants applied for. Photography, multimedia and sponsorship will be the primary focus of my work. I just purchased a Mavic drone and a Canon 5DSR to expand my capabilities. Another big part of my work experience revolves around my photography page on Instagram @beauexplores or here! My website can also be viewed here. Please, check it out if you have the time. I am always open to feedback and seeing what people think. It feels like the process of my work is starting to pay off with all that lies ahead for the upcoming year. Funny enough, I think my work is most like the feed of an Instagram page because of how everything has started to flow together. 

3 comments:

  1. That’s an amazing goal that you have set for yourself. As a fellow ISTA student who loves the art of taking photographs the fact that you have such a wonderful opportunity is inspiring for the rest of us. I have always wanted to use better technologies like the Mavic and 5DSR and am wondering if you could give little updates about the pluses and minuses of the technology. Also, your art style on your photography is right up my alley so you definitely have another follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Beau, I really enjoyed reading your post. I loved how you talked about how online collaboration effects your personal life on such a high scale. I found your passion for photography and sports, and how you display the two of them together online to get feedback and share your thoughts with others to be very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that you made this entire idea of collaboration your own rather than speaking about what others have done. It's great that you found your passion because others are still desperately looking. I think that you found what worked for you best and you networked yourself until you got what you wanted.. for now until you find greater things! I went through your feed on Instagram and your pictures are very nice, you have an eye for it!

    ReplyDelete