Thursday, September 7, 2017

Stages of Development


Image by Geralt via Pixelbay

Hey world, another week is in the books. One topic that particularly stood out in my eyes this week was project 1. Our project will revolve around creating a website with a timeline of dates that pertain to Tuckman’s five stages of group development. This topic caught my interest because I am a website designer and developer. I have made a website for my personal photography portfolio, two clubs at the University of Arizona, and one for a company that I worked for this past summer. My personal website may be viewed here, and my club websites may be viewed by this link or here. Ever since I was a freshman in high school, I have immersed myself in learning new technology, media and photography to best fashion where I wanted to work in the future. I started off by taking courses in high school on coding, website design, website development and Photoshop. After poking at my curiosity, I found that I loved almost every aspect behind these topics. The flow of this information continued in both my work experience and education. I am now a paid intern for IMG Worldwide here at the University of Arizona who works with photography, media and technology. It seems as if my decision-making process is starting to align with my personal interests and hobbies. It took a lot of dedication, planning and hard work for everything to fall in the right place, but I am extremely satisfied with the results that I am starting to see. Finally, I wanted to bring up another thing that I am actively involved and engaged in: my photography Instagram page. Because of my profound involvement online and work experience, I have been able to define my interests and long term goals of what I want to do with my life.  

1 comment:

  1. Hey Beau,

    I found your post to be very interesting. I love that you found a passion for photography so early on and then you decided to continue to pursue that in your college career. College is so easy to get caught in the crowd and not distinguish where you should collaborate. But you found that path and it ended up turning out extremely well for you. You collaborate with these sports teams on a daily basis by bringing action shots to their team to use on their website and marketing. That's remarkable!

    ReplyDelete