Thursday, October 19, 2017

Collaborating in Online Communities


Image via Wikipedia Commons

This week in class, we learned about a lot about online gaming. I was pretty familiar with it because I would always play sports games growing up online on my Xbox. I love the capabilities of being allowed to do everything from trash talk to strategy. A ton of my friends used to, and still do for that matter, play video games such as Skyrim, Modern Warfare or Halo. (Link trailer to buy the games) However, I just never really had time to get into them, but that does not mean I was not fascinated with them. I loved the possibilities of collaboration and connections that could potentially be formed. It felt as if there was a strong sense of community involved when these two forces joined and played a game together. There is also a vibe of competition, which could be a great tool for enhancing leadership. Funny enough, I am curious about trying out these games now. I will look to collaborate this upcoming weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Beau! I feel the same way with these games as I used to be obsessed with them and just recently at the start of college did I fade away from them. With these new games coming out and what we have learned in class, it would be interesting to see how these things intertwine. I liked how you chose points of online gaming that are positive instead of focusing on the negative like trash talking and gender ethics as I did in mine. Maybe we can collaborate in them together! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete